Foods That Lower Your Blood Sugar LevelDiabetes
There are foods that can help to lower blood sugar level. High blood sugar level can be controlled by having right kind of foods. So it’s not only about the drugs but also having a well balanced diet. Low-glycemic foods help to lower the blood sugar level. For the diabetics it is important to choose the right kind of foods, foods high in fiber, to lower the level of glucose in the body. At the same time they should avoid fried foods, foods with lots of fats, creamed foods and the foods that contain high amounts of sugar. Diabetic diet needs to include more of steamed, baked and roasted foods.
Certain foods that can be very helpful to lower the blood sugar level. Given below is the list of foods that lower blood sugar.
1. Avocado: Avocado is a good source of dietary fiber and also contains Vitamin C and folate. All these are very good for diabetics.
2. Barley: Barley is a great source of dietary fiber and magnesium. Regular consumption of barley lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes.
3. Kidney Beans: Kidney beans help stabilize blood sugar levels. These are rich in soluble fiber which stabilizes blood sugar levels.
4. Soy Beans: Soy beans are extremely beneficial for type 2 diabetes. The high amount of protein and fiber in soybeans are helpful to reduce the blood sugar level.
5. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is rich in high fiber content. It is very good for stabilizing blood sugar level and good for diabetes patients.
6. Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which are helpful to reduce the blood sugar level. In addition, flaxseeds are also rich in protein, fiber and magnesium and all these are very good for blood sugar control.
7. Tomatoes: Tomatoes are low in carbs and rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, folate and dietary fiber. Tomatoes are very good sources of chromium which helps to reduce the blood sugar level and keep it steady.
8. Onions: Onions are high in sulphur and good for reducing high blood sugar level. Research has shown us that any form of onion is good for diabetics.
9. Cinnamon: Cinnamon is an excellent source of dietary fiber and manganese. Cinnamon also contains polyphenol which helps to stabilize blood sugar level. Cinnamon is very good for especially type 2 diabetes patients as it improves their ability to respond to insulin.
10. Garlic: Garlic is good to control blood sugar level. Raw garlic helps to raise insulin production and lower the blood sugar level.